Thursday, August 24, 2017

Fan- The Spring Faun



Hello! Another one of my rare coloured pieces I did the previous winter and longing for spring. Now that winter is nearing again, it is fun to look back on this piece and have memories of the winter past. I wanted a touch a whimsy for this, so I put in some strange fantasy style fish flying about in the background.  They were supposed to be Koi fish, but as you can see that didn't work out so well.  I gave him a wand to represent his magical ability to wake life up from it's long slumber and the rabbit represents new life born in the spring.  Since there are so many magnolias that bloom here in BC  in the spring, I have always associated spring with magnolias.

He was quite a chore to colour, then again I find colour tough to use as I am always afraid that it will ruin the drawing. I used my favourite Faber-Castell watercolour pencils which I always use dry, because they create a beautiful soft colour.  I use a colourless blender to smooth out the finished look and added some white ink splashes for some fun sparkles.

What is your favourite season? Do you create anything to celebrate a certain season?

Hope you guys like him! If you'd like to see me working on him(it's in three parts) you can find that on my channel here: Inktangles -Fan the Faun Speed Paint-Part 3
He is also available on my RedBubble Shop! 

Thank you guys so much for reading!  Have a beautiful week. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment