Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Nine Tailed Fox



Hello again everyone!  I thought I would share some more recent art I have been working on lately. This is from a collab I did with another amazing artist over on YouTube. The theme we picked was Mythological creatures.  Which was a really fun theme to illustrate.  As I was doing some research, I was originally going to draw something on the Kitsune, I came across the Chinese folk lore of the Nine Tailed Fox spirit.  It was such a beautifully tragic love story that I could just not resist drawing this gorgeous fox spirit. I highly recommend that you Google the story. =D

I looked up serveral different Asian fox masks for this, and settled on something that looked like a good mix between Japanese and Chinese.  I wanted to include something that was a send off to my original Kitsune idea.

I decided to go with colour for this one.  So I broke out my favourite Faber-Castell coloured pencils, which are actually their watercolour brand that I always use dry as they work really well dry rather than as watercolours.  I blend them with a colourless blender to smooth things out.  I wanted a really muted palette for this to sort of replicate an old style print.

I hope you all liked this and have a beautiful, creative weekend! Cheers! 

2 comments:

  1. wow! so magical, ethereal and deeply beautiful! your art is stunning...such a treat to visit your creative world!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so, so much Victoria! You are so very sweet. <3

      Delete