Sunday, December 27, 2015

An Elfin Knight and New Year Plans

Hello everyone!

How was your Christmas? I hope it was full of warmth, family and good food! And maybe some artful joys if you had the time amongst all the craziness. I had a very nice and quiet one. Felt like everyone in my building slipped away for the week. I ended up spending the whole day rearranging my apartment and setting up a special work corner in what was my small dinning area....of which I'll mention a little later.

For now I'd like to introduce you to my Elfin Knight:

 

His name is Nyx and he is another major character in my YA novel series. He is a high ranking Knight, (hence the wings), but he only possesses one black wing. He lost his right one a long time ago due to a tragedy which he never likes to talk or think about.  The symbol on his garment represents which class of knight he is and of which order.  I love him so much, partly because he is so tragic.
This was done with pencils and white ink on Deleter art paper and took me quite a bit of time to finish, as I had taken on way too many projects at the time.  It felt so great to finally get him finished!

In future posts, I will be previewing my picture book that I have been working on as well, which ties into my novel. Woo!

I am looking forward to seeing the end of this year!  I have so many plans  for 2016 that I am excited to start. I am going to start moving forward with an art business plan. There is nothing more that I would love to do in this world than that. For the past few months I have been working towards opening a YouTube channel. I've done a ton of research on how to make videos and equipment needed to begin. I'm still starting off with the basic things to record and edit....but...oh man...I can't go on about the giddiness I feel for this!  I figured since I'm watching YouTube almost all the time, and the artists I've seen on there have been so inspiring, I thought, why not give it a try too?

It will be so nice to invite you all in with sharing how I create and hope to also do tutorials and supply reviews.

For 2016, I also want to make it the year I start submitting and pitching to publishers again. Something else I haven't done in a long time. I'd like to see where that leads. I've even thought of self publishing at some point, still researching that.
I'm ready for the awesome journey that will be 2016 and all the hope and new paths it will bring!

What are your plans for next year? Where do you hope to be by next years end?

Have a beautiful holiday and I wish you so many joys and happiness in the New Year!
I'll see you in the next post, Cheers my lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. Exquisite and magical!
    You have such an amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of exciting things planned for 2016.
    Your drawing here is so special and I am intrigued by the story of your Elfin Knight. It is such a very remarkable drawing, I like the way the pattern on the arch gets smaller and the little castle-scape (where he lives?) and so many other details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulations on your new blog and HAPPY NEW YEAR! xoxo

    ReplyDelete