Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hello new Blog!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my new blog home. I used to run the Mucha Cafe blog for a long time, but I felt like I needed a fresh start at thing and have a whole new look. I started posting less and less at my old blog because it just no longer felt like me or my style anymore. when I first started taking drawing seriously, Alphonse Mucha was a huge influence on me and pushed me forward with finding a style that worked for me, so, I made a blog title to honour that love of all things Mucha.
But, now that I've changed, my art and goals have changed; I wanted something to reflect this.
I tend to draw elves and faeries so much more now. In fact, they have completely won me over!

I still love Alphonse Mucha dearly and always will; but I now have my own style voice to go by. He will always live in my heart though, pushing me on still to create beautiful works of art.

It is my goal now to write and illustrate my own books and picture books.  I currently have a picture book challenge going on for myself. I will be sharing that with you fine people in the days to come and I truly look forward to your feedback on my book and art. I will cherish those insights and hope to make more improvements.

With that said, I hope you will join me on my story ramblings and illustrations and possibly inspire magic and creativity with you all.

To start this post off right, I'll add the first illustration! (I am having trouble with getting the Pages tabs to load up..going to keep trying, so it will make drawings easier to find)...

This little lady is titled, " Frost Faerie" - She was part of the December auction over on Twisted Ruby Red Slippers Artist Collective on Facebook.


She was created using pencils, coloured pencils and white ink. I added some little pops of blue for a wintry feel.  I was nervous doing this as I didn't want to ruin to drawing! I went really lightly at first before seeing that it was alright and going in a bit stronger.

Been working on creating a more realistic style. Still have a long way to go, but as a friend said to me, I've already come a long way already. She is available as a print.

Wishing you a lovely day and I'll see you in the next post! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog Erin! :) I can`t wait to see where this new journey takes you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank You, Cavelle! So happy to see you here. ^_^ I can't wait either. I miss seeing you at Florist Supply. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. she is beautiful Erin. I love the bits of blue mixed with pencil!
    Wishing you a grand time with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammie! Feels good to be in a new place. ^_^ Aw, thank you. I hope to do more of such a mix in the future.

      Delete